The apartment, a penthouse , is located in a newly built building in the center of Lenzerheide, a famous town in the canton of Grisons.
The clients’ request is very precise: to obtain 2 double rooms with private bathroom, a room for children with bathroom, in addition to the living area with kitchen, dining area and large relax area with fireplace. All in the style of a contemporary chalet, using natural materials with a warm and soft taste.
All the planks were therefore eliminated, dividing the spaces through wooden wardrobes and movable walls.
3 the materials that characterize the house:
– the wood: sanded oak with which the main elements of the house have been made, such as the floor, the attic roof and all the furnishings (not including the kitchen) as well as some walls
– the stone: brushed tunis gray, used as a lining material for the walls of the bathrooms and the TV wall of the living area
– brushed iron: used for the most characteristic furnishing elements.
The choice of wood is fundamental, determining in giving the house a warm but stripped image of rustic taste. Not the traditional pine or Tyrolean pine, but the most current treated and sanded oak.
This, and other choices, such as the use of sheet metal, glass for the kitchen, the white cement as the finish of the “uncovered” walls in combination with the wood make this attic very elegant and welcoming with a deliberately contemporary cut.
– Flooring, roof, walls and furniture Wood: BHC Collection, Russian coffee Thickness: 15mm, three layers Widths: 140/180/220 mm Various lengths (for roofs 1500/2200 mm) Supplier: BHC HOME EXPERIENCE
– Marble and stone coatings Tunis Gray in Casellario, BHC Stone Collection , Supplier: BHC HOME EXPERIENCE
– Cement walls Terre & Colors® decorative coating with two layers laying by cementoresin spatula application. Supplier: HD HOME DESIGN
– Metal items Iron sheet, etched streaked iron finish to sample Supplier: DE CASTELLI
– Design furniture :POZZOLI PROGETTI & SERVIZI – COMO
PHOTOS: Massimiliano Morlotti